Sunday 1 January 2017

-| Random Thoughts |- 

1. The older I get the more comfort I find in the things I don’t understand about God. When I was younger I wanted all the blanks filled in. The pages full of explanations. But as my hair grays, I am content with mystery. Not knowing reminds me now that I am not God and my frustration at not understanding is a kind of reaching for the wrong  fruit in a garden full of what is freely offered. This is a kind of sober worship, I think

2. I just finished Henry David Thoreau's book, Walden. It is a truly wonderful book. The writing is superb. But what I can’t get over is how unique it is. 

3. Our culture creates enemies out of every opinion. It makes love harder than ever. True Sadness by Avett Brothers is an album of profound insight – seriously, really profound – throughout each and every song. But the song “No Hard Feelings” is a song I needed to hear over and over. I’ve included the video below.

4. Last night we watched an old black and white movie and there were no gross scenes, no explosions, and no gritty language and it was exceptional. Weird how that’s possible.

5. I have basically given up on reading music critics. Amazon reviews are worth far more. I care more about what housewives and plumbers think than experts.

6. I miss sitting in a swing under badam tree. 

7. Leisurely enjoying a good meal makes us more human.
8. Stars are prone to fall.
9. My neighbour's kid was wound up as he talked about going backing to school and I felt for him because of Sunday nights.
10. Applause is addictive and deadly. Especially when you receive it in one area of your life but not in another. 
Happy 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment